Health care facilities and provider who have already been authorized to access advance directives can access the Vermont Advance Directive Registry by clicking on the button below.
Become an Authorized Provider
Becoming an authorized health care facility or provider allows for quick access to patients' advance directives in the Vermont Advance Directives Registry.
- Complete the Advanced Directive Provider Application.
- Mail the application and agreement to:
Vermont Advance Directive Registry
Vermont Department of Health
108 Cherry Street, Room 304
P.O. Box 70
Burlington, VT 05402-0070
- Your application and agreement will be reviewed.
- Once approved, the registry will contact you with instructions and registry account number.
Authorized providers agree to:
- Protect the issued identification number issued. Limit access to the identification number to employees with a need to access the registry.
- Train employees on the proper use of the registry and the registrants’ documents, and the obligation to report any unauthorized access or misuse of information to the Vermont Department of Health.
- Inform the registry as soon as possible, in writing, of any change or proposed change to the information contained in the original Provider Access Application form submitted to the registry.